Auditions: Durham Savoyards The Gondoliers
SIGN UP: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclrTkq9Kngjh89a02klaLF9Ldviw5kCodMGfmhWa2pGFgEkA/viewform
December 10th, Chapel Hill School of Musical Arts
#500 Franklin Square
1829 East Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
December 11th at the Durham Arts Council in the Adaron room on the ground floor.
Returning chorus members:
If you were in last year’s production of Yeomen of the Guard and want to remain in the chorus, you do not need to audition, but you *do* need to fill out the form. If you were in last year’s production of Yeomen of the Guard and also wish to audition for a lead role, you may chose to skip open auditions and come straight to callbacks. You still need to fill in this form to be considered/called back. Anyone who was not in last years production will need to attend open auditions.
Rehearsals: Rehearsals for Gondoliers will in January 14, 2024.
All participants will need to be/become active dues-paying members of the Durham Savoyards (see dues link in upper right corner of this webpage).
- Rehearsals begin January 14th and will be mostly held at the Durham Arts Center in downtown Durham. The majority of rehearsals will be held on Sunday (2:00 – 5:30PM), Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (7:00 – 9:30PM), with the possibility of Saturday rehearsals on March 2nd and 16th if needed.
- Rehearsal space will be open approximately 30 minutes early for warm-ups and preparation – rehearsals will begin promptly at their scheduled time.
- Actors will be off book by Sunday, February 18th.
- Tech Week begins March 17th. No absences are permitted after this date.
- Performances are the Carolina Theatre in Durham on March 22, 23, and 24
- All actors are required to volunteer a minimum of 4 activities over the course of the rehearsal period in production or support activities, and are required to assist with strike at the end of the run.
We have adopted the Chicago Theatre Standards. Please download and review them from: https://www.notinourhouse.org/download-the-standards/
To schedule an audition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please come prepared to sing up to 32 bars of music from Gilbert and Sullivan, other light opera or musical theatre. We recommend selecting a piece of music that isn’t from The Gondoliers. An accompanist will be provided. If you are auditioning for a lead role, select something that will show the directors why you are right for that role. If you would like for our pianist to accompany you, please bring sheet music for them in the key in which you will be singing. Or you may provide your own accompanist, accompany yourself, or sing unaccompanied.
MORE INFO: https://durhamsavoyards.org/backstage/our-next-show/participate/audition/